Keep these in mind for improving thee battery life and for battery safety. Important thing is the charge order. So Charge lithium-ion battery in this order.
The first connect the charger to the scooter, after that plug the charger to the socket.
Follow the opposite order when taking the electric scooter off from charging. Remove from the plug from socket and then unplug the charger from the e-scooter. “Charging is the riskiest part when it comes to batteries and electronic gadgets. Most of the risks are related to charging the battery and after charging for a few hours.” Jukka Lepistö, Inspector General of Tukes.
Some sharp and short points that helps you on the way:
- Donot over charge! Take the electric scooter off the charger as soon as possible after the charger light has turned green, e., when charging is complete. Overcharging reduces lithium battery lifespan and can pose safety risks. Use a timer so you know more or less where to go with the time.
- When playing safe, monitor charging, donot leave any battery-powered device unattended to charge.
- The charger must be intact in every way. Charger that appearto be damaged, operate precariously or whose cord or connectors are damaged may be a safety
- Use onlythe charger that came with the electric scooter or the corresponding high-quality
- Charge thebattery when it has cooled down. After driving, wait a while before starting charging.
- Always fully charge the new lithium battery before driving or using it for the first time.
- Avoid so-called "fast charges", short charges. Quick charging shortens battery lifespan and eats up battery power. Battery life can also be estimated by the number of charges.
- The best way is to charge the battery just before driving. And the optimum range is the 20/80 rule. Not less than 20%and not more than 80%. Or at least avoid less than 20% and keep the battery in stand for longer periods by 100%.
The above are guide values. Not many people can follow them for one reason or another. Do what you can. In principle, common sense is always recommended when using batteries. High-quality batteries are very resistant to use, but care should always be taken when it comes to moisture, tossing, and dripping. We want you to be all good, not preach or deny. With all due respect based on our experience.